Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Knife Skills...

Yesterday and today we've been going over knife skills. Dicing potatoes... very hard to attempt when starting out. I've wasted a dozen potatoes while getting only a handful of perfect 1/4 inch squares... I'll have to keep praticing. Also, I can now properly sharpening a knife using a steel and a block. There is also a quiz coming up... I have to recognize 100 herbs and spices by sight and smell... good luck. More food... there are two chef instructors in class. I guess they really like to cook... we had pasta and suasages for lunch on Monday... today, she baked chicken and made pasta with mushroom sauce.... tasty! Also this morning... we had fresh banana bread... I'm stuffed!

2 comments:

K said...

At least you're getting food for your tuition!

Glad you are learning some good stuff.

Unknown said...

Tony...You're going to weigh as much as an offensive line when you get done.