Sunday, May 4, 2008

Jersey Boys Event


Palazzo... so, it was the Jersey Boys opening night party. After their show, their invited guests and VIPs attended the event. Very fancy banquet room set-up with a 60's theme... automobiles with go-go dancers... music and food from the 60's. Frankie Valli was there... it was his birthday. I was at a station plating up Clams Casino. I just kept my head down and just trying to make my plates look presentable... but, it was extremely busy. I was tossing it together. I put marinated fennel down on the plate, then some kind of pastry shell, put clam meat on top, then garlic oil with peppers and put a bacon/breadcrumb topping on it... then I put the plate on the table and people would just take them. I must have made 1,000. When I did look up... I saw a line a hotties and rich looking people. I did recognize a few faces... I did serve Wayne Brady and Rita Rudner. It was a good working experience. I walked in the back area and it was amazing to see 100 people preparing food and fixing cocktails for the other servers. After the event we were able to eat leftovers... I just attacked the dessert table. I had 8-10 miniatures... chocolate cakes, blueberry cream thingy, different types of frozen mousse and "fruit-shaped" ice cream... all so very good. Ah... I grab a fancy chocolate martini too... excellent. I probably left at 2am... I was sore and tired. It was a good walk from the banquet room then down all the hallways, from the employee exit and to the employee parking lot... nearly a two-mile walk... my feet are killing me this morning.

No comments: