Sunday, May 18, 2008

Evening Classes!!!

I'm done with my first six weeks at Le Cordon Bleu. I'm going to move to the evening hours (6pm-11pm) starting on Monday. I'll start Skills II... going to make fresh pastas, roast meats, broil fish, grill and fix vegetables... looks like a challenging three weeks.

A few weeks ago, a Chef from Italy showed us his basic Italian tomato sauce recipe.

Simple to make and it is very flavorful... try it...

Ingredients:

2 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 Whole Garlic Cloves (Smashed)
1 Scallion (White Part, No Green Leaves)
20 Fl Oz Whole Canned Tomatoes (Pureed and Strained)
To Taste = Salt, Sugar, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Fresh Basil (Ripped)

Method:

In a sauce pot heat the olive oil and when hot add the garlic cloves and the scallion. Stir until golden brown and remove.

In the same oil add the tomato puree. Bring to a simmer over low heat and cook until sauce consistency.

Finish with the salt, sugar, extra virgin olive oil and fresh basil to taste.

No comments: